WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
You contact me, we check the date and make a time to catch up.
We meet and get to know each other. You let me know your ideas and thoughts for the ceremony and I step you through the process.
There is no obligation to proceed but, if we are a good match, we can complete the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) there and then or arrange another time.
The booking deposit is paid when you engage me as your celebrant and I then confirm the booking in writing.
I provide you with my Wedding Kit which has all sorts of great resources, ideas and suggestions for what you might like to include in the ceremony.
You let me know your choices and I prepare an initial draft for your approval. We will then go back and forth with any changes you wish to make until the ceremony is exactly what you want.
I will provide you with as much or as little help as you need ensuring your ceremony is unique to you. I am available via phone, email or sms.
With the ceremony finalised we probably won't need to meet until the rehearsal which we will have booked previously and should be within one month of the wedding.
I highly recommend a rehearsal so we are all on the same page. We'll aim to have as many ceremony participants there as possible. This ensures everyone is very clear about who stands where, what the timings are, who follows who, etc.
There is a legal document to sign (The Declaration) at this point and the remaining fee is paid.
The big day is upon us and I
- arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony
- liaise with the venue organiser and set up my equipment
- check in with the groom, greet the guests and handout copies of the ceremony, if you have requested this
- provide to you and the groom a printed copy of your vows
- conduct your unique and unforgettable ceremony and pronounce you to be husband and wife
- complete the paperwork and present you with your Marriage Certificate
- introduce you to your guests as Mr and Mrs (that's the really fun bit!)
- signal the end of the ceremony so you can party, party, party!
I will lodge all the required paperwork with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.